Everything is on for MosquitoCon 29 on July 31st. All trophy sponsorships have been purchased.
There are a few tables left in the dealer’s room. JP Awards will be on-site, making custom nameplates for model bases.
There are limits to the number of kits that can be entered this year, please refer to the flyer for more information.
And finally, an example of one of the acrylic trophies for the contest is shown at left.
That’s all we have. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone on the 31st!
Due to a cancellation, Five vendor tables have become available for the show later this month. Please contact Bill Schwarz at whsch (at) optimum.net or (732) 567-3724 if interested.
As of June 15th, vendor tables are all sold out for MosquitoCon.
Also, the show’s flyer has been updated with the most current information.
We have updated the contest entry form for the 2021 show, to indicate the maximum number of model entries per contestant.
The form can be downloaded from the MosquitoCon 29 page, or by clicking on the icon to the left.
This has been added to the main MosquitoCon 29 page as well:
MOSQUITOCON 2021 UPDATE (5/2/21):
As of now, we are on track to hold MosquitoCon 29 on Saturday July 31, 2021. We will continue to monitor the situation and will be following state and venue guidelines the day of the show.
A few things to note (everything is subject to change):
– Wearing of masks inside the venue is mandatory – NO EXCEPTIONS.
– Each entrant may enter UP TO 12 models in total
– Each entrant may enter UP TO 3 models per category (12 max – see above).
– Door are scheduled to open at 9am for CONTEST ENTRANTS ONLY.
– Doors will open at 10am for non-entrants. This means no access to the contest OR vendor rooms for non-entrants until 10am. NO EXCEPTIONS.
We are hoping that, as restrictions ease and things open up, we will be able to a pretty much “normal” show, but keep checking back here, or on our Facebook page, for updates, as everything is subject to change.
Look forward to seeing everyone again!
Due to the ongoing pandemic, New Jersey IPMS has rescheduled MosquitoCon to July 31st of 2021. There’s no indication that there will be a reduction in the severity of the pandemic before our regular show date in early April, and there is little chance that vaccinations will be wide-spread enough at that point.
Thank you to everyone for understanding. We want to get back to the usual show schedule as much as everyone else, and to do it safely.
With the rescheduling of MosquitoCon 29, the flyer needed to be updated to reflect the new date of August 22nd, 2020. Click on the icon to the left to download the updated version (essentially, the date is all that has changed).
Everyone stay safe out there, and build a model!
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis, including but not limited to reasons of state, and possibly soon national, bans on events with large groups, we have rescheduled MosquitoCon 29 to August 22nd, 2020.
From President Bill Schwarz:
“To the membership: Due to the virus, MosquitoCon 29 is rescheduled to 22 August 2020. Same place, same time. There are no other shows in conflict, and we have cleared matters with all parties involved. Also, it is unclear if we will have meetings over the next 2 or 3 months, but we will let everyone know as soon as we do. I want you all to be safe and take precautions, to put all of this crap behind us as fast as possible. Remember one last thing: this eboard is on top of everything, all the time. We run the club and run it well. You all are in capable hands! Things will be back in balance soon. All of you take care and watch for emails, Facebook posts, and website updates. Thanks for your time.
– Big Bill, Vince, Mike, Joe, Dan and Devin, your NJIPMS Eboard. ”
MosquitoCon 29. August 22nd. Different Date. Same place. Same time. Better Weather.
Over the next week, we will be discussing whether to continue with MosquitoCon 29, and evaluating the possibilities of a postponement. The status of the Covid-19 virus in New Jersey is being watched closely, and we will continue to monitor the situation. We will announce here and to our Facebook page immediately upon deciding the best and safest course of action. Thank you all for your understanding.