The April meeting was a recap of all things MosquitoCon, with wings, pizza and beer provided by the club. Little business was discussed, yet it was revealed that a deal has been reached on the meeting place, and for the foreseeable future the club will continue to meet at the Knights of Columbus hall on the second Friday of every month.
Model turnout was light, as it often is after a MosquitoCon, but the models on display were top notch, as usual.
The website Scale Model Soup has posted an entry on MosquitoCon 24. Read it here:
The MosquitoCon 24 Contest Results page has been uploaded. The photos are still a work in progress, we will have them posted as soon as they are all processed.
Here’s the short list of the Best Of winners from April 4th MosquitoCon 24. Photos and a list of all winners will follow shortly. Best of Show went to a stunning 1/350th scale HMS Queen Elizabeth by Richard Price. Photos of the Best Of class have been posted below. Photos of all contest entries are visible HERE.
Norm Kennedy Memorial Award for Judge’s Best in Show: HMS Queen Elizabeth by Richard Price
Bill Marshall Memorial Award for Best Ship: HMS Queen Elizabeth by Richard Price
Andrei Koribanics Memorial Award for Best Aircraft: P-51D Mustang by Bob Cash
Art Gerber Memorial Award for Best Armor: M2A3 Bradley by Bill Cross
Best Civilian Award: Ferrari 250 Testa Rosa by James Boulukos
Best of the Rest Award: Afghan Scavenger Hunt by Dave Pross
Molly Klanica Memorial Award for Best Junior Subject: XV88 Broadside Battle Suit by Andrew Do
Best Tailhook Award: F4D-1 Skyray by Joe Volz
Best “End Game” Theme Award: Cavalier F-51 Mustang by Marco Lauagnino
Here’s a list of last minute information for all of those attending (or thinking of attending) MosquitoCon 24, this coming Saturday the 4th of April.
1. Doors open at 9 a.m. Check this website for information on fees, directions to the show venue at the Wayne, NJ, Police Athletic League (PAL). Also, cut down on your registration time by downloading and filling out the Contest Registration Form before you arrive.
2. The vendors are booked and ready to sell. The main vendor room is sold out. Be sure to check out the vendors in the main contest room as well.
3. For those that wish to help with judging, you will, as always, be fed. The judges meeting will be held around 11:30 a.m. Listen and look for announcements on where to meet for the meeting and lunch.
4. The Make-N-Take will start at 1 p.m. Listen and look for specifics.
5. We have only ONE remaining trophy packages that has yet to be sponsored. Interested in having your name or business linked to on this website and mentioned at the show? Check the Trophy Sponsorship page and Contact Us if you would like to sponsor a trophy package for $35 per category.
That’s all from here. If you have any questions, ask us. We’ll be live updating the Facebook page during the day of the show.